Monday 7 April 2008

Sketchbook project

This is my first entry for one of a series of sketchbooks that I've sent to 36 illustrators around Ireland. So far I've just been managing the project, but now I get to join in! It's a simple idea: ten sketchpads, each with a different theme, circulating by mail amongst the group. Each book comes with stamps and addresses: you receive it, make your entry and post it on to the next person. We're hoping it'll build into something quite nice at the end, even if only a small show and a glass of wine. Unfortunately three books have already gone missing - but that's the risk you take with this kind of project. Anyway, we have some extremely talented people contributing, so I have high hopes for it. Go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/64092812@N00/ to view the work so far.

No comments: